Online relationships can easily be laughed off and killed off. You can just hit the delete button and the deed is done. But, true mass emotion is clear when Twitter gets into gear. And, it can be endearing and quite long lasting.
Today, Justin Bieber became the person with the biggest following on Twitter … on earth. That is 33,318,643 followers and counting.
That’s a lot of young girls (and some boys) who are really excited, very happy and … proud. Proud?
Yes, that word comes up many times in hundreds of tweets with the hashtag JustinIsTheKingOfTwitter. Here are some.
- Remember when Justin freaked out about being a Worldwide TT for the first time? And now #JustinIsTheKingOfTwitter :’) Im so proud of him<3
- I remember following him when he had less than 20 thousand followers, So proud of him
- Justin is now the most followed person on Twitter! PROUD!
- all this and now he’s the most followed on twitter , i’m so proud
- The fact that he passed Gaga makes me so proud of him. Our family is growing more and more everyday.
So, pride is the buzz. Pride in achievement: his and his followers. Pride in belonging: to him and with him. Pride, too, in a new generation that lives online all the time.
So, 33 million ‘Beliebers’ are proud today. Can’t be a bad thing.
(Oh, I just checked again. 33,322,642 followers.)
What’s Justin Thinking and Feeling Right Now?
Paste his tweets into DeepWord and get an instant insight.
Check your own msgs, too.